Information Technology Academia Collaboration (ITAC)
ITIDA’s Information Technology Academic Collaboration (ITAC) aims to promote Industry/Universities collaboration through linking academic research with industry and market needs. These collaborative research programs will bring value to IT companies, universities, researchers and the technology community.
ITAC programs have been designed to link industry research with market needs. This is coupled with opportunities within IT companies for undergraduate, graduate, master students and Ph.D. students, preparing them for the global IT marketplace.
ITAC Success Stories
There are six main programs available as part of the ITAC initiative. These include:
Research and Development
- Product Development Projects (PDP): which start with a prototype and end with a final product. The budget ceiling is EGP 2,000,000. The presence of an ICT industrial partner is required.
- Advanced Research Projects (ARP): which start with a proof-of-concept and end with a prototype. The budget ceiling is EGP 1,000,000. The presence of an ICT industrial partner is required.
- ITIDA Fellowships (IF): which start with an idea and end in a proof-of-concept. The budget ceiling is EGP 130,000.
Please use the below forms in order to benifit from the above three programs:
To learn more about the guidelines and to submit to any of the above three programs, please go to the ITAC Submission webpage
- Patent Filing Program (PFP): aims to encourage, protect and motivate creativity and innovation. ITIDA will support filing a number of patents per year with a maximum of 15 thousand dollars per patent. Refer to the PFP guideline before submitting to email@example.com.
- Student Graduation Projects - IT companies provide proposed subjects for graduation projects, based on market needs. Selected student graduation projects are funded through ITAC with a maximum of 10,000 pounds per project.
For accepted projects please click here. If you can’t find your project’s name that means that it was not accepted by ITAC Steering Committee and we wish you all success.
Only accepted projects are requested to fill in the bellow Budget Form and send it before 31st May, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For applying to ITAC Graduation Projects:
Please send your proposals to: email@example.com and note that all fields are mandatory except for “IT company collaborating in the project”.
- Students Summer Training – offers the students practical on job training during the summer vacation in the largest ICT companies working in Egypt. The objective of this program is to help the students to get prepared for their future professional life as well enhancing their educational capabilities. Each student is paid 500 pounds salary per month.
For applying in ITAC Summer Training:
Students interested in joining the Summer Internship Program please fill in this form before 15th July, 2011.
ITAC Steering Committee
The Steering Committee comprises of individuals from academia and the ICT industry.
ITAC Steering Committee is responsible of:
1. Strengthening the cooperation between Universities, research centers, and IT companies.
2. Laying out the mechanism for linking scientific research in universities as well as students' graduation projects to the actual needs of the IT companies.
3. Setting the rules and criteria for choosing, evaluating, and financing ITAC programs.
4. Organizing seminars for companies and universities to discuss topics of mutual interest.
5. Setting the mechanism and criteria for periodic evaluation and taking correct actions.
6. Encouraging companies to host summer training for university students' inline with a defined strategy that ensures the technical viability and benefit for students.